Majors, Minors, and Concentrations

Changes to Majors, Minors, and Concentrations

Please use the form below for changes to Majors, Minors, and Concentrations.  Changes that involve the total number of units required or that affect other departments (e.g. cognate requirements) will require EPC approval, but not that of the full faculty.  Other changes, internal to the department (e.g. which courses count as electives, or which are required) do not need formal approval, and are for EPC’s information only, to be shared in our faculty reports.  Please download the form and email a completed version to

Proposing New Majors, Minors, and Concentrations

Please initially submit a proposal for your new Major, Minor, or Concentration to the Provost.  If deemed feasible with regard to resource needs, the Provost will ask you to forward your request to EPC for our consideration.  Materials to be submitted include: a rationale which discusses student need/interest, potential enrollments, and effect on faculty workload; comments and support from other departments involved in or affected by the proposal; and catalog language that details the proposed plan of study (required courses, elective courses, total courses needed, prerequisites, etc.)  If your proposal would necessitate the creation of a new tenure line, please additionally submit the materials requested on the Tenure Lines page to those enumerated above.